On Sat, 14 Jul 2001 00:40, Randy Johnson wrote:
> I am adding a feature to my site where members can download their
> information from the database.  What is the best way to accomplish
> this?
>
> Create a text file every time a member wants to download their info?
> I thought about this ..how would I handle deleting the text files when
> I was finished and what would prevent others from downloading the file?
>

> I read somewhere that files can be created on the fly or dynamically
> anytime a download takes place.   This sounds like a good idea cause
> there wouldn't be any files on the server.   Any idea where I can get
> more info on that?
>
> Thanks
>
> Randy

try this:

header("Content-disposition: filename=maillist.dat");
header("Content-type: application/octetstream");
header("Pragma: no-cache");
header("Expires: 0");
//query database
//echo results required
//end
--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   [incredibly rude and childish comments deleted]