On 20 April 2010 20:17, Alice Wei <aj...@alumni.iu.edu> wrote:

>> From: peter.e.l...@gmail.com
>> Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:15:08 +0200
>> Subject: Re: [PHP] Mail Function Using PEAR Issues
>> To: aj...@alumni.iu.edu
>> CC: php-general@lists.php.net
>>
>> Most, if not all, mail servers keep log files. You should look for the
>> log files to see if the mail server has sent your mail properly or is
>> experiencing problems (those may not feed back into PHP).
>>
>> Regards
>> Peter
>>
>> --
>> <hype>
>> WWW: http://plphp.dk / http://plind.dk
>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/plind
>> Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fake51
>> BeWelcome: Fake51
>> Couchsurfing: Fake51
>> </hype>
>
> You know where I can find that? I use Evolution Mail, a mail server? I found
> it through Ubuntu yesterday. Here is the link:
> http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/ It asks me to put in the type of mail
> service I used, it grabbed Google, which is smtp.google.com. I still cannot
> send mail. I start to wonder what is going on.
>
> Alice

Evolution is a mail client, not a mail server. Apart from that, you're
using the 'mail' (PHPs mail function) as the backend mailer in your
PEAR script - try using smtp instead and pass the SMTP config data you
normally use. Have a look at
http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.mail.mail.factory.php - the smtp
part.

Regards