Hi,

I have created a PHP file, and wrote a string of Farsi letters in it. In the
head section of the HTML, I put:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

There appears to be something wrong with Apache, or something, because no
matter whether I put that string in an echo statement or just in an HTML
with a php extention, the page loads as jibberish and I have to set the
character encoding to UTF-8 manually in Firefox.

Renaming that same file to .htm (when not using the echo statement), and

Should I change something in Apache's settings for this to work?

Thanks!