On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 16:33 -0400, David McGlone wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I got a quickie LOL
>
> is there a way to auto indent code. I'm using Kate and I have it set so the
> tab is only 4 spaces, but I was wondering if there was an easier way than to
> have to hit the tab key 1x then 2x then 3x then 2x then 1x to create nice
> laid
> out code like this:
>
> -----
>  -----
>   -----
>    -----
>     -----
>    -----
>   -----
>  -----
> -----
>
> or:
>
> function() {
>
>       function here
> }
>
> --
> Blessings,
> David M.

I use Kate too, and the indentation changed slightly in KDE 4. In the
configure dialogue window, go down to the Editing section in the left
menu and set the number of spaces to use in both the General tab (under
Tabulators) and the Indentation tab (under Indentation Properties. If
they are both different then you have to hit the tab key 4 times in
order for your spaces to be replaced by a tab character.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk