On Tuesday 27 April 2010 19:00:29 D. Dante Lorenso wrote:
> On 4/27/2010 3:55 PM, Ashley Sheridan wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 16:33 -0400, David McGlone wrote:
> >> Hi everyone.
> >> I got a quickie LOL
> >> is there a way to auto indent code. I'm using Kate and I have it set so
> >> the tab is only 4 spaces, but I was wondering if there was an easier way
> >> than to have to hit the tab key 1x then 2x then 3x then 2x then 1x to
> >> create nice laid out code like this:
>
> I use PHPEclipse for this.  It's not Eclipse with PDT, it's PHP Eclipse:
>
> http://www.phpeclipse.com/
>
> The code formatter built into that formats my code when I hit
> Ctrl+Shift+F.  No other code formatter works as well for what I've
> found.  Many formatters just indent, this one will reformatt by putting
> brackets up or down, and reindent all the code to fit my coding standards.
>
> Project is getting a little old, though and doesn't yet support PHP 5.3
> syntax, but it's still the best I've found.

I haven't tried this one. I am just so stuck on Kate. I've tried a ton of
editors and Kate is simply the best one for me hands down.

I'll check out php Eclipse. Never know I may be impressed with it.

After about 10 or more years of using KDE, I am have been running Gnome for
about a year now, but I always always install Kontact and kate.

--
Blessings,
David M.