On 5/16/2010 7:39 AM, Malka Cymbalista wrote:
Hi all, we are running Apache 2.2.6 and PHP 5.2.6 on a Linux machine.  If
someone gets an error when displaying a php web page, he does not get any error
message on the screen.  The arror is written into the apache error log file,
but most users don't have access to the apache error logand i would like the
user to see the error on the screen.
Is there anything I can do?
thanks for any help.

Malka Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
malki.cymbali...@weizmann.ac.il
08-934-3036

if(true) // TRUE for debug only
{
    ini_set("display_errors", "on"); //use off if users will see them
    error_reporting(E_ALL);

$error_reporting = '<span style="color:red">Error display and logging on</span>';
}

I echo $error_reporting in the body of of my html page to remind me it is on.

This also creates an error log in the working dir.