Thank you.

I came to the same conclusion on mySQL after only reading about it's
comparative benchmarks and that's why I choose it.

By their own admission mySQL developers have concentrated their effort
on speed but I wondered about real life situations. I wondered if those
benchmarks where doctored to make mySQL appear convincingly faster. I
think I have my answer now.

Regards

Yves