On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 13:54:29 -0700
"Ben Miller" <biprel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm building a website for a client in which I need to compare their
> products, side-by-side, but only include criteria for which all selected
> products have a value for that criteria.
>
> In my database (MySQL), I have a tables named "products","criteria" and
> "criteria_values"
>
> If I have something like
>
> $selected_product = array("1"=>"Product 1","2"=>"Product 2"...)  //  All
> products selected for comparison by the user
>
> I need to get only rows from "criteria" where there is a row in
> "criteria_values" matching "criteria.criteria_id" for each $selected_product
> - in other words, if any of the $selected_product does not have a row in
> "criteria_values" that matches "criteria.criteria_id", that criteria would
> not be returned.  I hope that makes sense.

It would be a lot easier to think about this if you could provide the table
structure or create table statements.

If I understood correctly, you have products which reference a criteria ID
which has no matching value. If this is the problem you have a to first take
care of the integrity of your data, as this should never happen.

--
Simcha Younger <sim...@syounger.com>