Hi all,

I am playing around with PHP and BBCodes and have found some regex's
that should transform my BBCode into correct HTML when rendering.
However, I have found that if the BBCode is not correct (eg missing
closing tag), the regex completely eats my input and my page is empty!

The regex I'm using is:
/\[i\]((\s|.)+?)\[\/i\]/

And with an input like:
This is [i]italic.

I get nothing back.

What I would like is that when no closing tag is found, the opening tag
should just be shown as-is. Anybody have any idea how I can do this?

Thanks!

--
Roland Asmann
Senior Software Engineer

adesso Austria GmbH
Floridotower 26. Stock              T +43 1 2198790-27
Floridsdorfer Hauptstr. 1           F +43 1 2198790-927
A-1210 Wien                         M +43 664 88657566
                                    E roland.asm...@adesso.at
                                    W www.adesso.at