On 11-02-22 09:06 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 14:58, Robert Cummings<rob...@interjinn.com>  wrote:
I'm more likely to do this stuff for HTML than PHP. However, I do sometimes
lay out the structure of some conditionals/functions before fleshing them
out so that I can do some early testing... but I always fill the conditional
as I'm doing this. In case that's not clear... the code flows from first
character to last character as I type all of the conditionals (no jumping
around). Later I fill in the associated activity for the conditional.

Thanks for the insight. I could see where that is a good compromise.
Like this I suppose:

if (something)

----

if (something) {

}

----

if (something) {
     // Code here
}

If you switch to vertically aligned braces you will have an easier time matching up open and close braces...

if (something)
{
    // Code here
}

It's trivial to match using this style since you only need to scan one axis.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
E-Mail Disclaimer: Information contained in this message and any
attached documents is considered confidential and legally protected.