Ken Kixmoeller wrote:

> Hey, folks -- --
>
> I am switching over my development (I hope) to a Mac. Having some
> trouble with the configuration. Rudimentary scripts run fine in the
> document_root, but beyond that, my scripts in the include_path are not
> found.
>
> The include_path has a couple of directories in which I have my
> foundation classes and a clients application classes and other
> programs. For various reasons, I put them into my "Documents/Clients"
> folder. When I create to set the path to these files in PHP, they are:
>
>  /Users/ken/Documents/Clients/comped_php
>  /Users/ken/Documents/Clients/jaguar_php
>
> PHP doesn't find them, which has me stumped.
>
> php.ini shows the include_path correctly, as:
>
> /Users/ken/Documents/Clients/comped_php:/Users/ken/Documents/Clients/jaguar_php
>
> the document_root, configured in Apache is: /Users/ken/Sites/
>
> The errors show as:
> include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'smm_header.php' for
> inclusion

(include_path='/Users/ken/Documents/Clients/comped_php:/Users/ken/Documents/Clients/jaguar_php')
> in /Users/ken/Sites/smm_registration/smmcomputereducation.php on line 1
>
> Any ideas or suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

If I remember correctly, include and friends have two parts to the error
message but you've only shown us one. For a guess, is it possible the
apache process doesn't have permissions for those directories and/or the
files within them?

Cheers
--
David Robley

I've got Parkinson's disease. And he's got mine.
Today is Setting Orange, the 52nd day of Discord in the YOLD 3177.