From: tedd <tedd.sperl...@gmail.com>
To: ad...@buskirkgraphics.com
Date created: , 12:56:34 AM
Subject: [PHP] Bold links

      At 1:39 PM -0400 5/7/11, <ad...@buskirkgraphics.com> wrote:
><?php global $current_user;
>        get_currentuserinfo();
>
>        echo 'Welcome &nbsp;<B>' . $current_user->user_firstname . "</B>\n";
>        echo '<B>' . $current_user->user_lastname . "</B>\n";
>?>
>
>Richard L. Buskirk

Really?

How does the blind via readers, such as JAWS, understand what a <B> is?

First, never use <B> -- or <I> for that matter.

Second, use <strong> or <em> instead. Readers can understand and
render STRONG and EMPHASIZED text, but not <B> and <I> text -- those
tags mean nothing and that's the reason why they are not encouraged
for use and even removed from XHTML.

Third, if neither of those tags (i.e., <strong> or <em> ) work for
you, they try using a class (or an id) with a css rule of:

.whatever
    {
     font-weight: bold;
    }