On 11-05-20 09:14 AM, Joshua Kehn wrote:
On May 20, 2011, at 4:41 AM, Tim Streater wrote:

On 20 May 2011 at 04:03, Alex Nikitin<niks...@gmail.com>  wrote:

but here is a brief example:

(!DEBUG) || error_log("Fetch Data: ".memory_get_usage()/1048576);

If you're going to use ugly little shortcuts why not simplify the logic?

    DEBUG && error_log("Fetch Data: ".memory_get_usage()/1048576);

reads and writes a lot better and faster then:

if(DEBUG) {
   $memory = memory_get_usage()/1048576;
   error_log("Fetch Data: ".$memory);
}

Personally I prefer the above use of an if conditional. It make it that much easier to understand what you are doing.

Not to me it doesn't. I find such usage incomprehensible.

tim

I understand what you're doing, and I think it's a bad shortcut to be taking.
Make a dedicated class for logging and handle all this there.

That I think is the better idea... or for the procedural types a wrapper log function that performs the DEBUG check.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
E-Mail Disclaimer: Information contained in this message and any
attached documents is considered confidential and legally protected.