8 jun 2011 kl. 09.09 skrev Christian Grobmeier:

> The object itself is always the same, for all threads. Every thread
> gets this "Appender" from a kind of a pool.
>
> My guess is, every thread gets some kind of a copy of this object,
> working at it. Once it reaches the method, its members states are not
> reflected into the other stack call.

I never worked with "log4php", so I am really not sure how "getMaxFileSize"
calculates the log file size. In general, results for functions like PHP's
"filesize" are cached. See e.g. http://php.net/manual/en/function.filesize.php

Right after the flock call, try to clear the cache with clearstatcache().

Maybe that helps.
/frank