Why do you insist on not including the list when replying to me??

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Kirk Bailey <kbai...@howlermonkey.net>wrote:

> **
> You win nothing. you failed.
>
> the goal is to find a method that will comply with law, and compell even
> the most amoral thief to refrain from stealing copyrighted material.
> Watermarking would have done it, but you have wisely pointed out that the
> law prohibits it. Therefore, we cannot do the one thing that would motivate
> a parasite to not steal.

I think you've got our roles reversed. You said you had a way to prevent
people from copying a digital asset, and I said no such thing exists. You
offered the solution of watermarking with the buyer's credit card details,
and I pointed out the legal issues with that, but also reaffirmed that it's
still bits and bytes so it wouldn't be impossible to remove said watermark.

The legal issues aren't the main point. It doesn't matter what you watermark
it with, the watermark can be removed!

-Stuart

--
Stuart Dallas