On 14 July 2011 05:15, Negin Nickparsa <nickpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> if the problem is only the assigning it's an example:
> in mysql you can have this one:
> create table store_list(id_markets int auto_increment,store_type int,primary
> key(id_markets));
>
> and for page this one:

> <head>
> <title>Store</title>
> </head>
> <form method="post">
> <?php
> $connection=Mysql_connect('localhost','admin','123');
> Mysql_select_db('net',$connection);
> if(array_key_exists('sub',$_POST))
> if(isset($_POST['store_type']) )
> {
> $Type =$_POST['store_type'];
> $ID=$_POST['id'];
>  $sql ="update store_list set store_type=$Type where id_markets=$ID";
> $res = mysql_query($sql,$connection);
> }
> ?>
> <select name='store_type'>
> <option value=0>store type<option>
> <option value=1>corporate<option>
> <option value=2>standard<option>
> </select>
> ID:<input type='text' name='id'>
> <input type='submit' name='sub' value='update the type'>
> </form>
>
> also I didn't understand your code that you have 'id_store' and 'id_markets'
> it's confusing for me
>
> if it wasn't your problem please clarify your question maybe I can help.

I'd do this in the SQL...

SELECT DISTINCT
        store_type,
        CASE store_type
                WHEN 1 THEN 'Corporate'
                WHEN 2 THEN 'Standard'
                ELSE 'Unknown store_type ' + CAST(store_type AS VARCHAR())
                END AS store_type_desc
FROM
        store_list
WHERE
        id_markets=$_POST[id];

Though for the text, I'd probably have a store_types table so I can
label them there and hold additional data about the store types if
needed.

SELECT DISTINCT
        store_type,
        COALESCE(store_type_desc, 'Unknown store_type ' + CAST(store_type AS
VARCHAR())) AS store_type_desc
FROM
        store_list
        LEFT OUTER JOIN
        store_types ON store_list.store_type = store_types.store_type
WHERE
        id_markets=$_POST[id];

--
Richard Quadling