On Sep 1, 2011, at 8:16 AM, Tim Streater wrote:

> On 01 Sep 2011 at 11:42, Richard Quadling <rquadl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
>>
>> So I think we've all established that Whitesmith's is the way to go,
>
> I've been using the Whitesmith's style since I started coding in BCPL in the
> mid-70s. Having the braces line up is a big help.

Good.

Not only do I use the Whitesmith style for PHP, but I use it for Javascript,
CSS, and everything that has braces (excepting grandchildren).

In addition, I also teach college level programming where I present my view on
style. While I may not influence established programmers (good habits or no),
young minds are open to suggestion. :-)

Cheers,

tedd

t...@sperling.com