On 13 September 2011 21:56, Brad Huskins <brad.husk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all you php coders out there,
>
> I'm doing an Open Source text editor (just a hobby) that's designed for PHP
> developers and is accessible through the web. This has been stewing for a
> while, and has gotten to the point where I can use it for my own work. I
> would like any feedback on things that people really like/dislike about
> their current editors, as I believe some of these things could be resolved
> in mine.
>
> I currently have username/password protection (with Salted-Hash passwords),
> a file-system browser, file loading/saving, and syntax highlighting -- and
> these things seem to work reasonably well. As well, most things about the
> editor are scriptable with JavaScript. This would seem to imply that in a
> few weeks I would have something useful. So I would like to get some
> feedback on what features people would most want, since I am still at a very
> flexible stage in development.
>
> If you would like to see what I have, you can go to un1tware.wordpress.com.
> You can also peruse the code at github.com/bhus/scriptr. In particular,
> the README on github gives a little bit better rationality for why something
> like this might be useful, and how things are currently structured.
>
> --Brad
>
> [ Yes, this is based on the layout of Linus' original post to
> comp.os.minix. ]

Refactoring (that is, changing the name or arguments of variables or
functions and have all references to that variable or function
changed accordingly) would be nice to see in an online editor. ^_^

--
"It is not possible to simultaneously understand and appreciate the Intel
architecture" --Ben Scott