From: paras...@gmail.com [mailto:paras...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Daniel Brown
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 7:24 PM
To: Andy McKenzie
Cc: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP] book quest

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 19:13, Andy McKenzie <amckenz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with Bastien -- I've had great luck with the PHP books.
> "Beginning PHP4" has a permanent place on my shelf, even though PHP4
> is outdated.  "Beginning PHP5.3" hasn't quite supplanted it as a
> concept book, but is my go-to for "here's a way to solve this
> particular problem using a new version of PHP" book.

    I'm still waiting for the day when folks on this list get together and say,
"let's put all of our notes together, as beginners and intermediates, and put
together a book for the newcomers, from the newcomers, by the newcomers, who
can relate to them without the taint of overexperience."

    If properly presented, it would not only be easy to shop to publishers, but
it could also be one of the first truly collaborative publications to exist on
biological remnants.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager

proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.