On Sat, 2011-10-29 at 19:52 +0200, Pau wrote:

> Hello,
>
> thanks for your answers.
>
> I do have a form already and I am using it to mail the results:
>
> ------------------------
> <?php
> //include
> //<?php
>
> $HTTP_POST_VARS = $_POST;
>
> $time = date("G:i:s");
> $ip = getenv('REMOTE_ADDR');
>

> $vorname = $HTTP_POST_VARS['vorname'];
> $nachname = $HTTP_POST_VARS['nachname'];
> $post = $HTTP_POST_VARS['post'];
>

> mail("exam...@example.com",
>   "New registration", "
> time:           $time
> ip-adress:      $ip

>  <head>
>    <title>This is amazing Mr. $name</title>
>  </head>
>
> ");
>
> ?>
> -----------------------
>
> Instead of this, I would like to dump the results into a file, ideally
> with a random name, taken from e.g. $$ in a specific directory
>
> Something like
>
> results/2345.html
>
> with 2345.html

>  <head>
>    <title>This is amazing Mr. Paul</title>
>  </head>
>
> But I have no idea of how to tell php to create a file with the values
> from the user.
>
> thanks!
> On 29 October 2011 19:27, Ashley Sheridan <a...@ashleysheridan.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 2011-10-29 at 18:38 +0200, Pau wrote:
> >
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I am looking for information on how to have a file created after a
> > user has hit a submit on a registration form.
> >
> > I want to use the variables typed in by the user to automatically
> > create a web page with those values.
> >
> > In the registration form I have
> >
> > $name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['name'];
> > $surname = $HTTP_POST_VARS['surname'];
> > $post = $HTTP_POST_VARS['post'];
> >
> > and I would like to create an html document using those (and other) values:

> >   <head>
> >     <title>This is amazing Mr. $name</title>
> >   </head>
> >
> > after the form has been completed.
> >
> > I am a newbie to php and I have been trying to get that information
> > somewhere, but I was not successful.
> >
> > A little help would be appreciated. In particular an example would be
> > wonderful.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > Instead of trying to actually create the file, why don't you pass those
> > values across dynamically? In-fact, one PHP script could do the whole job:
> >
> > <?php
> > if(isset($_POST['name']))
> > {
> >     $name = htmlspecialchars($_POST['name']);

> [...]

Please try not to top post.

To create a file, look into the fopen() function on php.net, which has
plenty of examples on how to create a file. Creating one with a new name
to avoid conflicts with other files on the system is a little more
tricky, but it's not too difficult.

What I asked in my earlier post though was whether you really need to
create a new HTML file from PHP or you just need to display the results
to the user?