I have a function defined thus:

function my_func (&$arg1, $arg2, $arg3, $arg4, $arg5, &$arg6)
     {

     // code here

     }

I call this with variously the first three arguments only, or all six, taking
care that if I call it with fewer arguments then I don't try to acces $arg4,
$arg5, or $arg6 (which is passed by reference, as is $arg1).

On my first attempt to execute this, I'm getting:

  Missing argument 4 for my_func(), called in /path/to/source/file1.php at line
556 and defined
  in /path/to/source/file2.php at line 3

Is this because $arg6 is passed by reference? There is some reference to this
in the docs and the user notes but it's a little unclear. Or is there another
reason?

Thanks,

--
Cheers  --  Tim