I'm working on an issue with IE9. I have a web app that posts a multipart form
via Ajax. The content-length is about 1MB often larger (uploading GPS tracks).
Chrome, Safari and Firefox all make the POST request then immediately (after
the POST completes receives the response). IE on the other hand seems to hold
on to the connection for up to five minutes (sometimes more). On Apache, the
request eventually completes; on Nginx, the request never makes it to the
php-fpm process.

ON Nginx I have the keep alives set to 65 seconds. Apache the keep alives are
turned off (since I'm running mod_php under mpm-prefork).

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Chris Cowan