Then get a new host. A host that disables PDO these days is a host that deserves to go bankrupt. ext/mysql has been dead for years now.

--Larry Garfield

On 09/08/2012 08:54 AM, Jim Giner wrote:
Nope. No PDO as yet either

jg

On Sep 7, 2012, at 11:22 PM, Adam Richardson <simples...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Jim Giner <jim.gi...@albanyhandball.com> wrote:
So with the announced end of the mysql functions (and switching to a
different extension), one would think that my isp/hoster would be a bit more
interested in my dilemma.  I tried today to create my first mysqli-based
test script and found that I didn't have that extension.  A series of emails
with my tech support told me that the shared server farm does not get
"mysqli" - only their business servers.  Since I dont' have a need for and
want to pay more for a 'business server', I'm told I'm s... outta luck.
What about PDO? Is that available?

Adam

--
Nephtali:  A simple, flexible, fast, and security-focused PHP framework
http://nephtaliproject.com