On 13/11/12 20:04, Robert Williams wrote:
On 11/13/12 11:20, "B. Aerts" <ba_ae...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Having read access to a variable's address (like a C-pointer) would be
perfect - but Google tells me you can't in PHP.

If you can restrict yourself to objects for the passed variables, you can
use spl_object_hash(). It does exactly what you need, but it only works
with objects. AFAIK, there's no equivalent for scalars or arrays.

<http://php.net/manual/en/function.spl-object-hash.php>

Regards,
Bob

--
Robert E. Williams, Jr.
Associate Vice President of Software Development

Hello Bob,

thanks for the tip - indeed it does exactly what I need.
Unfortunately, I need to keep scalars/arrays in the frame too.

But thinking along your line, do you know of a function that does a similar thing to the function call itsself ?

( as functions get stacked, called recursive or through callback mechanisms, there must be a similar allocation table/mechanism as for variables/objects)

Regards,

Bert