Thanks Jonathan. I removed the date() syntax function and it works.

From: Jonathan Sundquist [mailto:jsundqu...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 2:16 PM
To: Marc Fromm
Cc: Serge Fonville; php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP] date problem

Marc,

When you take a date and do a strtotime you are converting it to an int which
you can compare to each other much easier. So for your above example you would
be best doing.

define('WSOFFBEGIN','09/16/2012');
$jes = 01/03/2012;

if ( strtotime($jes) < strtotime(WSOFFBEGIN) )
{
        $error = " MUST begin after " . WSOFFBEGIN . "\n";
}
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Marc Fromm