Sorry if I'm missing something, there's a lot of replies after my first
post on this thread.

Is there something wrong with the "floor()" approach? I liked the regex
solution but isn't it more expensive and more verbose than just doing a
well commented "is_numeric" plus "floor/ceil" math?

Just trying to understand the motivations behind the preferences.

Thanks.