On May 18, 2013, at 11:33 AM, Matijn Woudt <tijn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Probably some people will say PDO, others will say MySQLi, in general it
> doesn't really matter, and I think you have named the biggest differences in
> your mail.
> So if you're going to stick with MySQL anyway, you can take advantage of the
> speed with MySQLi.
>
> What class are you looking for?
> MySQLi can be used as a class, and PDO is a class too?
>
> - Matijn

Hi Matjin,

Sorry for the delay in getting back...

Thanks for the update Matjin,

> Also I'm also trying to learn OOP, so I'm looking for a very good working PDO
> and/or mysqli database class - to get started with, that has all the basic
> needs like UPDATE - INSERT - DELETE - QUERY etc. That would be very helpful.

I'm still looking into both possibilities either MySQLi or PDO and the idea of
creating a class myself is just over my head at this point. When I managed to
find some home grown classes for either - often the comments from other users
would point to bugs/issues with the code so they didn't seem like good starting
points.... This is why I imagine that any recommendations of both MySQLi or PDO
classes from this good group would be a better starting point.

Thanks in advance!

--
Thanks,
Dave - DealTek