There servers are so good configured, that they don't need much maintainance. Facebook has 1,11 Billion Accounts. If we divide this through 1000 members per data team member they need 1 Million data team mebers, each of them has a salary which I would say is about 2000$. That means they have to pay 2 Billion US$ (!) per month to the data team which is very unrealistic.

I know such great companies are a bad example but my opinion is that a system should be as scalable as possible.