Op 21 jul. 2013 02:53 schreef "Tedd Sperling" <t...@sperling.com> het
volgende:

> On Jul 20, 2013, at 5:34 PM, Frank Arensmeier <farensme...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > 20 jul 2013 kl. 18:25 skrev Tedd Sperling <t...@sperling.com>:
> >
> >> Hi gang:
> >>
> >> I've been using
> >>
> >>   $str = strip_tags($str, $allowable)
> >>
> >> as it is described via the manuals:
> >>
> >> http://php.net/manual/en/function.strip-tags.php
> >>
> >> The problem I've found is the tags "<br>" and "<br />" are not
stripped.

> >> How do you strip all tags, but leave some tags (such as <b>, <i>, and
<u> -- I know these are depreciated, but my client wants them anyway).

> > From the manual:
> > allowable_tags
> > You can use the optional second parameter to specify tags which should
not be stripped.

> > Note:
> > HTML comments and PHP tags are also stripped. This is hardcoded and can
not be changed with allowable_tags.

> > Note:
> > This parameter should not contain whitespace. strip_tags() sees a tag
as a case-insensitive string between < and the first whitespace or >. It
means that strip_tags("<br/>", "<br>") returns an empty string.

> > It's all thereā€¦ ;-)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > /frank
> >

> Yeah, but that wasn't the problem -- it was my mistake in coding.
>
> In any event, I figured it out.
>
> tedd

Could you perhaps post what the problem was so that when someone searches
for it they will have the answer right here?

- Matijn