> "Liviu Popescu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > I have a lot of php scripts developed with php3.
> > I've installed php4 and I get some warnings when I
> > evaluate variables there are not set (are empty).
> > In php3 there was no problem (no warning).
> > If I modify the code by using empty($var) or
> > isset($var) it's ok, but there are lots of  such
> > issues.
> > How could I manage this without major changes?

> Edit your PHP.ini file and change the error_reporting to:
>
> error_reporting=E_COMPILE_ERROR|E_ERROR|E_CORE_ERROR ; show only errors

Yes, do this for now.

But long-term, start using isset() and turn on E_NOTICE script by script
until all your code is clean.

Every one of those un-initialized variables you use is a potential hole for
a hacker to feed in some value your script isn't expecting.

It also means your programming algorithm is probably not really as organized
as it could be.

--
WARNING [EMAIL PROTECTED] address is an endangered species -- Use
[EMAIL PROTECTED]