hi all,

        i'm writing a web chat, the frame that presents the text, has a very fast
refresh (has to) it's about from 2 in 2 seconds, my problem is writing to the
file (chat is file based), when the refresh read the file, it doesn't let php
write. i made comething like this.

Function chat2file($filename, $str) {
  $fp = fopen("chats/$filename", "a");
  fputs($fp, $str);
  close($fp);
}

Function file2chat($filename) {
  if(file_exists("chats/$filename")) {
    $fd = fopen("chats/$filename", "r");
    flock($fd, LOCK_UN);
    $content = fread($fd, filesize("chats/$filename"));
    fclose($fd);
    return $content;
  } else {
    return "";

i put the non blocking option in flock while reading but still blocks and
doesn't write, my question is it possible to write to a file while reading?!,
if so how?

thx.

--
        Rui Barreiros
       Software Developer

WEBSOLUT - Soluções Internet
Emailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Info: http://websolut.net/people/rui.html

As informações contidas neste email são confidenciais
e destinam-se apenas à(s) pessoa(s) a quem foi enviado:
http://websolut.net/confidencialidade-responsabilidade.html