who's fault is this?:
I have a table 'cdrequest' it has columns 'albumfill' and 'releasedatefill' among
others....
when i do the following query with myphpadmin
update cdrequest set albumfill = "hot shots II", releasedatefill = 20010708 where
requstID = 2;
i get:
You have an error in your SQL syntax near '\"hot shots II\", releasedatefill =
20010708 where requstID = 2' at line 1
I can't see any reason for the error.....
part 2:
when I flip to properties for the cdrequest just to make sure i'm spelling the columns
corectly and cut and paste the
exact same query on that page IT WORKS....
Why would it work on that page but not the other. both are supposed to be places where
you can enter a normal sql
query..
It also doesn't work in my PHP script which is where I really want it to work.
What am I missing??

thanx

Julian