Yes,  I find I have to do this a lot if I have
multiple rows in a form and I want to do anything with
javascript.
I use commands like this:
document.formname["the_checkbox[9]"].checked = true
and if you needed to stick a variable in the index:

theform["the_checkbox["+the_index+"]"].checked = true;

So on yours I think it would be like this:
document.formname["arraystuff["+inputfield+"]"].focus
or
'document.formname["arraystuff["+inputfield+"]"].focus'>

Tim McGuire
Minnesota
"The only time I ever run is when I light a roach bomb
in my apartment"

--- Daniel James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi everyone :)
>
> imagine this if you will..

> onload="document.formname.inputfield.focus()">
>     <form name="formname">
>       <input type="text" name="inputfield">
>     </form>
>
> ugly form with a text input field that is focussed
> when the form loads,
> erm.. nice.
>
> now, I like to put all my form stuff into
> associative arrays, makes things
> a lot nicer when I am doing things later... but
> this... means something
> completely different to javascript:

onload="document.formname.arraystuff[inputfield].focus()">