Bill has hit it right on! Programmers all over the world have already
recognized that PHP is a superior language, and open-source is not the root
of all evil (as M$ would have us believe). However, many (most?) execs do not
listen to reason, but rather only to TV and glossy ads. Therefore, I propose
we fight fire with fire!

Lets band together and form a web site not altogether unlike LinuxFund.org.
However, instead of development of new technology, our site could focus on
the spread of PHP, or perhaps open source technology. Get our own credit
card, ask for donations, be those donations money or time.

We could use this money to fund ad-campaigns. Ad-campaigns targeted not at
programmers who already know the merit of PHP (and open-source in general),
but rather the "Big Corporate Executive" who has the power to make or break
PHP.

The ads could go in magazines like Forbes, Fortune, etc. instead of Open
Magazine.

If you are interested in this, either helping make the site, providing
expertise in other areas (such as marketing), or would just be willing to
make a donation, visit a page I just set up:
http://www.coeus-group.com/AdCamp.php . I'll consider this post to be a kind
of market analysis. I sincerly hope that you are as interested- and willing-
as I.

Evan Nemerson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]