[I already sent this message to the php-db mailing list, but since it seems
to be a low-traffic list, I thought I'd also send it to this list, thanks a
lot for your answers :-)]
Hi everybody !

I've got a quite confusing problem :

Yesterday, I upgraded my postgresql server from 7.0.3 to 7.1. I did some
pg_dumps and created the DBS on the new server. Everything went fine.

But now, I've got some problems : When accessed through php, *sometimes*
characters with accents don't come out right. I did some testing  and the
results are here :

-psql doesn't have this problem, so I think it is not a postgresql related
thing.
-When the database is created with a UNICODE encoding, accentuated characters
appears as (xx). With a SQL_ANSII encoding, accentuated characters come out
as other letters.
phpPgAdmin also has this problem, as well as all the websites I have written.

Has anybody else had this problem, or does someone sees where I could watch
further, I'm quite stuck ?

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Florian Blaser