you are talking about two completely different applications(as mentioned in
post)...

one is a cron job to do something (unspecified) which requires executable PHP (a
la CGI) to point the file to

the other (recent post) discusses using lynx to parse a site which is IMO a bad
move in either case...
better off opening a socket to the site you are wanting to parse, dumping the
contents directly into a variable, and dealing with your content from there.

Dave