Create a file with the following.

test.php

<?phpinfo();?>

open a browser and point at  test.php
Look at the http variables section.

Now try adding some variables to it eg :

open the browser, and open a url like the following:
http://localhost/test.php?x=y&foo=bar

Now look at the PHP Variables section.

you should see that php_self == test.php, have a look and see what variable
holds ?x=y&foo=bar
yup, its query_string

Got it?

Now use something like

print "<a href='$PHP_SELF$?$QUERY_STRING'>url link</a>";

okayla!

A better way might be to use sessions.  Have a look at php.net or
phpbuilder.com for details.

Lawrence.