My apologies for the previous message not being complete (for some reason
CTRL-V occasionally sends the message in Outlook!).

Let's try this again.

If you're talking about a form, then what you can do is set the properties
for the button like so:

<form name="formname" method="post" action="script.php">
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit"
onClick="js_function('arguments')">
</form>

This won't work if you're thinking of using JavaScript to validate the form
before it gets sent to the server, but it's good if you want to submit the
form and perform a JS action at the same time.

Also, if you are considering using JavaScript to validate your form, you may
want to reconsider doing it in PHP as JavaScript is easy to circumvent.

-- Robin