hi, again (sorry)

when I run this code (straight from the manual)

<?
class A
{
    function example()
    {
        echo "I am A::example() and provide basic functionality.<br>\n";

class B extends A
{
    function example()
    {
        echo "I am B::example() and provide additional
functionality.<br>\n";
        parent::example();

$b = new B;

// This will call B::example(), which will in turn call A::example().
$b->example();

?>

the result wil be

I am B::example() and provide additional functionality.

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'parent' test.php on line 15

what is going wrong here ???

kind regards
Jeroen Olthof