requested by email.   I did not know they failed to closed the account til the bill
finally showed up 4 months later.   I sent them a copy of my email (and following
thread), but they essentially said they did not believe me and would not credit my
account.    I worked with my credit card company to recoup my money.

I have since been using Halfpricehosting.com and hostpro.com and have been very happy
with both.   I learned of both companies from this list.    Thanks to all who
contribute their time!

Ron s

>>> "Chris Bailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 09/04/01 05:23PM >>>
If anyone knows of such a setup in the US that achieves that cost with that
amount of space, I too would be interested.

But, short of that, at least one solution is Hurricane Electric. They have
a variety of "self serve" web plans, ranging from $10/month on up. It
includes PHP and MySQL, runs on Apache, etc. You get full shell access
(duh), and also 11 or more POP boxes (11 for the $10/month, then it
increases as you go up). Check out: http://www.he.net/spaceservices.html