hi,
just go thru ur code once u'll getout with the bug.

$myrow<>mysql_fetch_Array($result2);

what is $myrow and to which value should the left part should
compare.

try this :
<?php
 file://Connect to db
 $db = mysql_pconnect("localhost","login","pass");
 mysql_select_db("database",$db);

 file://Check for the IP
 $result2 = mysql_query("SELECT ip FROM ip where ip = '$REMOTE_ADDR'",$db);
$myrow=mysql_fetch_Array($result2);
if($myrow)
  //  if there is a record then the code goes here
else
  echo("print some text here");
?>

/sagar