hi,
I am using ereg funtion to deal with data submmited by form
detail shown below:

I am using a form to submit some html code include image path code
In submitted php page, I want to replace image path code in html code
(submitted by last page' form), unfortunately the image path code include
some php variable (eg "imag src ='$phpvaribe'"),I want to use ereg function
to replace image path code by the value I need. but when I use eregi_replace
fuction try to replace it . but browser show me parsing error . I don't know
how to use eregi_replace() when php varible in string which needed to be
replaced. Could someone help me. My error code show below:

MY ERROR CODE:

eregi_replace("^\"(.)*{$img1_name}\"$","$replacestring",$content)

remark:the $img1_name is the php variable in the string which needed to be
replaced