Hi all,

I am trying to find out what the mime type is for files that are stored on
my webserver, so I can convert the contents into a database.

Basically, if it is in 'text/richtext' format I want to run one routine, if
it's in 'application/msword' format another routine, and everything else
another.

I can retrieve this fine when a user uploads a file to the server, by using
the '<input type=file name=userfile>' command ($userfile_type), but I am
stuck when retrieving the file from the server.

All I can think of is to 're-upload' the file, but there must be a more
efficient way.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks
Alexis