I've always had PHP set up on a shared server before.  Now that I'm leasing
a server that had it installed, I can change the configuration of it.

I need to enable the FTP commands.  I found the command in the FTP section
of the PHP manual, but I'm not sure hwo to actually use it.

I've tried looking at the docs on-line, but can't tell exactly what to do,
and I don't wnat to risk crashing my server since so many of my clients are
running PHP scripts.

The command I found was:
./configure --enable-ftp

I know the directory that my PHP files are found at.  I'm using a
Linux/Apache system.

How do I re-compile???  I assume it's fairly easy since I read so many
messages that say "just recompile PHP with --with-blah-blah-blah....".

Thanks!
-Jeff Gannaway

Save 15% on 2002 Calendars and Holiday Cards!

http://www.AvantGifts.com
Discount Code: hopper22ct
Offer Good Through October 31, 2001