I am able to create the file when it is not already there but I got a "file
exists" error when I try to fopen it in append mode the second time.  I
wrote this to store a log of the traffic on my site (userid in a
cookie+timestamp) in a file.  Don't know if i'm using the good technique but
it's very frustrating.  I tried with 2 different FTP servers where I have
all the necessary rights.

Is it possible to solve this problem or it's a feature in PHP?

Dave Létourneau
[EMAIL PROTECTED]