you're assigning, not checking for equality...use two ='s
-----Original Message-----
From: Martin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2001 12:49 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Am i crazy?

Did I forget everything in a few months?
if ($name='admin') {
                        header("Location: $MYPATH/admin.php");
                }

Doesn't. That is it doesn't redirect to whatever $MYPATH/admin.php
translates to. Doing an echo $MYPATH directly after the line shows that the
path is interpreted correctly - and the file exists (I checked). And the
$name is correct - echo $name gives admin. And neither does the php.net
example work ...

if ($name='admin') {
        header("Location: http://www.php.net/";);
}