It has to do with the $name variable, if you've fixed the code to check for
equality instead of setting the variable:

if ($name=='admin') {

Echo $name and make sure that it is actually getting set..

Also make sure your header information is before html.. let's see.. yeah
that's about all I can think of.. if $name is echoing something then I have
no clue why it's not working :(

Rick