On Sat,  3 Nov 2001 00:32, Justin French wrote:
> hi,
>
> i was wondering if anyone has some sample code / links which could help
> me generate HTML forms dynamically from the fields/types/lengths of
> tables in a mySQL database.
>
> ie, if i had a three column table with first (varchar 50), last
> (varchar 80) & bio (medium text) as the columns, it'd be great if i
> could use this information about the *table* to build a html form.
>
> in otherwords, I could generate an <INPUT> named "first" who's max
> length was 50, annother called "last" with a maxlength of 80, and a
> <TEXTAREA> named "bio" for the medium text, etc etc.
>

> sorry i can't describe it any better!!
>

> i guess programs like phpMyAdmin achieve this, but i'd rather see a
> small code snippet and LEARN rather than dig through 1000's of lines of
> phpMyAdmin code :)

Justin

You might want to have a look at mysql_field_name and mysql_field_type.
There is an example in the docs for the latter that I think will point
you in the right direction.

--
David Robley      Techno-JoaT, Web Maintainer, Mail List Admin, etc
CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES      Flinders University, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

   Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.