Steve,

Thanks for the reply .. but you miss the point (which i probably did
not explain well).  I already have a script called x.php.  IT gets
called from links with all the info needed.

I have an instance where there will be no interaction between a user
so no 'clicking' of the link will happen.  I wanted to do the 'same'
as a click but without the click.

I have temporarily created a function to do what i need AND IF PHP is
incapable of calling/executing etc a script (which i find hard to
believe) i will rewrite all the other pages <sigh>

Thanks again
DSig