Hi Christian,

@ 6:15:59 PM on 11/19/2001, christian calloway wrote:

cc> I just downloaded phptriad, which installs apache/php/mysql/perl on a win
cc> system. Im not sure on the language, but I want to be able to define virtual
cc> directories. Currently everything under /apache/htdocs/ is accessible from
cc> the browser, ie test.php located at c:\apache\htdocs\test.php can be
cc> accessed on the browser url at http://localhost/test.php. Now if I wanted to
cc> define say the directory web located at d:\code\web so that I could type
cc> http://localhost/web/somephpfile.php in my browser how would I go about
cc> making that association. Thanks,

Try this after your main document root <Directory> in httpd.conf:

<Directory "D:/code/web">
    Options Indexes
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /web "D:/code/web"

Been a while but I think that'll do it. If you don't want the
directory listing take out Options Indexes.

--
 -Brian Clark | PGP is spoken here: 0xE4D0C7C8
  Please, DO NOT carbon copy me on list replies.